Last night was our Relief Society Christmas party. We set up this little cozy scene in the gym at the church. I made the fireplace out of cardboard and used my dad's electric fire he made for scouts years ago. The Christmas tree we borrowed from the foyer, the chair and table came from my house and the other decorations came from either my house or the house of the RS Second Counselor. What you can't hear was the pretty soft piano Christmas music being played and the sound of the crackling fire (I downloaded a crackling fire sound effect from iTunes, burned it to a disc and the pushed repeat so if you listened closely you could hear the fire crackling.)
We had a baked potato bar, rolls, salad, and cheesecake for dessert. For our entertainment we had a few sisters in the ward come prepared to share a Christmas story and between stories we sang carols. The last story of the night was the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. I am really happy with how things turned out and we received a lot of compliments. It was a lot of work, but this is what I had envisioned and I am really happy with it all.


2 comments:
I love the fireplace! How in the world did you make it? Did you paint it? That is fantastic! I hope you are tossing it in the trash now! You better keep it around for other things!
So are you enrichment committee leader? That is a busy calling. You did an amazing job. Keep that fireplace I may need it for next year! :)
Post a Comment