Wow, that's like the headline in a newspaper. Yep, last night former Weber State Runner Lindsey Anderson qualified for the US Olympic team in the women's 3,000 meter Steeplechase by placing second (that's the one where they jump over the hurdles and the water pit for those of you non-track people.)Being Weber State Alumni--and better yet, Weber State Track Alumni (not me, of course, Jason) we think this is just awesome. This is the first time the Olympics has held the steeplechase for women and a WSU runner will be part of that historical team. Lindsey is a native of Morgan, Utah. While running for Weber State she earned All-American honors twice, holds four school records, and broke the American Record in the steeplechase (which was broken last night by the winner of the event.) Wow, can't wait to watch her in Bejing! For fans of Track and Field, you gotta love an Olympic year. Nearly a whole week's worth of track and field coverage...you don't see that very often. You can bet the Schoenfeld's will be watching.
2 comments:
Never heard of her! A girl I coached in High School looks like her though. But her name was Lindsey Olsen. My sister in laws name is Lindsey Anderson. She ran for Weber too. I'll ask her if she knows this girl.
Oh Brad, I knew you would have to leave your funny little comments if I invited you to this blog. Tell her congratulations from us when you see her.
Post a Comment