Today Ian turns three- years-old. Here's how we celebrated:
Friday evening we met Jason after work and went to the Living Planet Aquarium. Jason scored some free passes a while back and we finally put them to use. Ian is completely obsessed with the following things: sharks, bugs, sea life, and especially alligators. So we thought he would really like the aquarium...and he did.





Jason touching the sting rays.






Jason touching the sting rays.Yesterday was my mom's birthday so we went there for dinner to celebrate both of their birthdays. I made the birthday cake which was meant to look like an alligator. When I was frosting it Alyssa came it and said, "It doesn't have to look perfect, Mom, you're doing the best you can, right?" Maybe she didn't have the vision I did, or at least she was trying to let me down easy. Once I finished it with the candies on the top she was much more complimentary. We also opened gifts at my parents house. We gave Ian a new shiny red tricycle. He's been riding an old pink plastic one that used to be Alyssa's, but it was stolen right out of our front yard in June. His reaction to the new bike was "Wow, cool Mom!" I was so glad he liked it.

Attempting to blow out the "trick" candles.


Attempting to blow out the "trick" candles.


2 comments:
You always make the most creative and yummy looking cakes. The bows look awesome!
hi it is Janelle, Jason logged me in to be able to see your blog, I have a blog too, Jeremyandjanelleharvey.blotspot.com I want you to send me an invite to yours, my email is janelleharvey1@gmail.com
your blot is cute!
Post a Comment