I have no Easter pictures. That is because I was in bed sick all weekend. Prior to Easter I bought the kids some Easter clothes through my connections at the bride store. They were so cute and we were so excited for Sunday for all the festivities, but then we got sick.
Conference weekend Alyssa was complaining of not feeling well. Then by Sunday I thought maybe she had strep. She had a fever, sore throat, headache. She had a big program at School on Tuesday and so I thought if it was strep we should get to the doctor and get her started on antibiotics. Her culture came back negative though. She just lay around all day Sunday. She seemed a little better Monday but not completely herself.
But by Monday night Ian started with a fever. By Tuesday morning he was very bad. He was having trouble breathing and I suspected croup (AGAIN). We went to the doctor and found out he had Influenza B and croup. Poor little guy just lay around all day and if I even looked at him his eyes would well up with tears and he would cry. Obviously he felt miserable.
So now both kids were just not feeling well. Thankfully, it was spring break Thurs & Friday. By Thursday night I had lost my voice so I kind of knew I was getting something. Friday morning Alyssa came into my room wearing only her underwear. When I looked at her I noticed she was covered all over with a red rash. So it was another trip to the doctor for us.
Turns out she had "Fifth Disease" also known as "slap cheek." This is a common childhood disease which sometimes appears like a cold/flu before the rash appears (what I thought was strep last weekend was just the start of this.) The rash lasts about a week (although Alyssa's has pretty much gone away.) Luckily it is one of those things that once you've had it you don't get it again.
By Friday night I knew I was very sick. I felt miserable. I was suppose to work my last Saturday that next day but at 10:00 the night before I had to call for someone else to go in. Saturday morning I went to the doctor (4th time in one week) and found out I got Influenza from Ian. I was in bed all day Saturday. Jason and the kids went to his parent's Easter celebration and I stayed home in bed.
We did not go to church Sunday or do any Easter celebrations (my mom was kind enough to change her stuff to this coming Sunday.) So we will celebrate our Easter activities this weekend and I will post pictures when I can. I am finally feeling better but I still don't have a voice. Yesterday was my birthday and luckily I felt great yesterday (except the no voice thing.) My dear friend Margaret came and we got lunch and had a picnic at the park. While the kids played we sat and talked. It was so nice. The weather was warm and it was so nice to be outside. In the evening Jason and the kids and I went and got some dinner and then we went together and saw "Monsters vs. Aliens" It was great. Funny and clever. I really liked it and I think Jason and the kids did too.
2 comments:
Wow! You guys were hit hard! Hopefully things will be on the up and up now.
I didn't get the flu shot one year, and I ended up with Influenza B. It was horrible! I have gotten the flu shot every year since then and so has my whole family. It really makes a difference.
Happy Birthday to you! I hope to be seeing you soon!
Yes, I was guilty of not getting the flu shot. Actually, I haven't for years and I've never felt like I needed to because I've never had the flu.
This was horrible and so maybe next year we will think twice when it is flu shot season.
Jason had to get a flu shot with the Army, so he hasn't been sick so far.
Post a Comment