Friday, May 23, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking/Teacher Thank you




Today I made my first Hybrid scrapbooking project. What's that you ask? Well I'm prepared to answer.

First, a condensed version of what Digital (or Digi) scrapbooking is(I took this explanation from Shabby Princess.com)...

Digi scrapping is basically the same thing as paper scrapping...only you create your layouts on your computer using software. The software varies...from the simple to the super complex...and from the inexpensive to the very expensive. Just like you go to your local scrapbooking store to purchase supplies...computer scrappers go to online stores and purchase their digital supplies (papers, eyelets, tags, ribbons and pretty much everything you would see in a “real” store”). We then use our software to place everything where we see fit on the page...and then have the option to either print...or just let it sit on our hard drive or a CD.

So back to the "hybrid" question. Hybrid scrapping is using two methods. In this case, I designed the card on my computer, then printed it out on my computer. I cut out the bracket part and used 3-D stickies to add some dimension to my card. I also picked up these little paper flowers that and brads at Robert's crafts and added them to my thank you bracket. Thus, I now have a hybrid card.

I also googled "what to say in a thank you note". As you can tell from how eloquently I googled this, I needed some help in what I should write in this card. The first link I clicked on was this: http://www.my-thank-you-site.com/ Here, I found this really cute poem that I wrote on the inside of the card:

It's the end of the year,
and I thought you should know
a part of me can't wait 'till summer
and a part doesn't want to go.

It's not singing or art time
or even time with my friends.
It's because I will miss you
that I don't want the year to end.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Way cute card! I'm sure Alyssa's teacher loved it.

The Risenmay Family said...

MaryLee, You are so crafty. I wish you were here to teach me. I hope you are doing well. I heard my parents are coming in town tomorrow for graduations. Give them a hug for me.