Since it looks like Jason may be spending some time away from home with the army very soon we decided it would be a good idea for us to take a nice family vacation. It actually started with the idea of going somewhere nice just the two of us for our 10 year anniversary in June. But then we decided we'd rather spend it with the kids somewhere like Disneyland. So we started planning for early June. But when the Army changed their plans and moved up the deployment we decided to take the trip as soon as possible and moved the trip to March.
We invited my parents to go with us (they hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 5 (that's 25 years ago). It was so fun. That's all I can say. It was just so much fun. Everybody had a great time. Here's a couple of pictures and a few memories from the trip that I don't want to forget:






Highlights and memories from the week:
- It was probably a bad idea to start with taking Ian on the Matterhorn. Going into a dark tunnel and then zipping around so fast scared him. We followed this with Pirates of the Caribbean. Another dark ride. From that point on he was terrified of any ride that went into the dark. Only rides that were outside for him.
- Splash Mountain. My favorite part. They sat me in the front. Normally I'm too scared to sit in the front but I did it anyway. It made it really fun. I got soaked. When we saw the picture they take of you going down the big hill we all just about split our sides laughing so hard at Alyssa. The look on her face in that picture was the definition of "terrified." So funny.
- Ian rode, and re-rode the Jungle Cruise, and the train around the park. Over and over again. My dad is such a fantastic Grandpa. When the rest of us wanted to go on a ride that Ian couldn't (or wouldn't) Grandpa would take him to the Jungle Cruise or the train.
- The teacups. I've always loved the teacups. Again, Grandpa came on that we me and Ian since Ian was afraid of going where everyone else wanted to. Grandpa got that teacup spinning as hard as we could. That was fun.
- Meeting Tinkerbell and Silvermist fairies. Alyssa bought an autograph book and got autographs from the characters this time. Last time we didn't do that, so this was something kind of fun for a change.
- Meeting Cruella DeVil. Alyssa thought she was "meaner" than last time. What do you expect with a villian?
- Then on Friday while Alyssa took Jason and my dad into the castle the Queen from Snow White appeared. I got in line and just as my turn came up to meet her Alyssa came out of the castle. We got our picture taken with her.
- Friday was the premier of their brand new parade. I saved a spot right on the curb in front of one of the performance stops. We got to see the very first parade of this one they ever did. Right in front of us were a whole bunch of characters and Alyssa and I got out and did a conga line with Lilo and Stitch.
- Behind us were two employees of the park that were there on their day off to see the new parade. It was kind of interesting talking to them.
- Ian would have been perfectly happy doing one thing: looking for snails in the bushes outside our hotel room. That's all he wanted to do when we were at the hotel. While waiting in lines at Disneyland he would get down in the bushes and look for bugs. Who cares that there are characters and awesome rides all around you when you have dirt to look for bugs in?
- Friday night my parents took the kids back to the hotel about 5 pm (they got some dinner and played in the pool) while Jason and I had some time in the park together. It was SUPER crowded Friday night. Maybe because a lot of locals turned out for the premier of the new parade. The lines for the rides we wanted weren't terrible, but trying to walk from one place to another was insane. That's ok, we went on a few rides and we were on the front of all of them. It was nice to wait in line without corralling the kids.
- Saturday we drove to San Diego to go to Sea World. That was fun. I enjoyed the ride down there. This was Ian's cup of tea. He really liked all the animals and fish. We watched Shamu's show and the dolphin show. They were great.
- Alyssa insisted we sit low in the "splash zone" at the dolphin show. Yes, we got wet, but thankfully not soaked. It was fun for her. And, coincidentally we happened to sit down on the bench with the family of Alyssa's principal (who joined her group just before the show started.) Alyssa was so excited to see her principal in Sea World!
2 comments:
so fun I want to go
So you did wait to see the pixies. :) I'm so glad you were able to go. That was nice you and Jason got some time together. So when does he have to leave and for how long?
Post a Comment