I gave my notice yesterday at the bride store where I work that I am quitting. I've been feeling ready now for a while but over the weekend some circumstances with Jason's pending deployment with the army changed and I decided now was the time to quit. I need to be more available to help Jason and spend more time together as a family before he leaves.
This job was an answer to my prayers nearly 20 months ago. I was lucky enough to work for family in a setting where I was able to take my children with me rather than finding a babysitter. And when they were not with me they were with Jason. Even though I would rather have just had things be a little more simple and me just be home, I did enjoy the job itself. Working with brides and helping them find their wedding dress could be kind of fun and interesting. I liked each new season when the new gowns would come in and we would oooh and ahhh over their beauty and design. I got to talk to lots of different people from all over the world. I grew a strong friendship with everyone I worked with, especially my cousin Kristy.
But even with all those good parts about the job, I am looking forward to just being home. I am looking forward to not feeling like I live my life on the freeway between Bountiful and my home. I am looking forward to sleeping in on a Saturday with Jason. So a small period of my life approaches an end. And I am ready for that change. Unfortunately along with that change many more are fast approaching. I'll just have to handle those ones with a bit of faith.
2 comments:
So Jason may be deployed? My friend's husband just came back after being deployed 13 months. I can't even begin to comprehend what she went through, even though I talked to her at least once a month or more. I hope it's not that long for you. Please keep me posted.
I know what you mean about your job. I absolutely love mine. It gives me a nice break and the hours are so flexible. But then I think about how much more I could do if I didn't work and it makes me want to quit. There are always so many pros and cons. I hope you enjoy the extra time with your family.
I'm choosing to ignore this post. I think I'm in denial! :(
Post a Comment