Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ian Misses His Daddy

Jason has now been gone one week of the three weeks of training (pre-deployment training). Last night as we were driving home Jason called. I handed the phone back to Ian so he could talk for a minute. After telling Jason about the fireworks we had just seen, he said to Jason, "We're going home now. We're going home without you. So you need to come."

After hanging up with Jason I have to admit that for the first time I felt very worried about this deployment. So far I have been focused mainly on myself and how I would handle being "Married but single." But now I am really worried for my kids. Ian misses his dad and it has only been a week. This isn't going to be easy. **sigh**

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am at a loss of words. You are going through something I truly can't comprehend. Thank you for your sacrifice as well as Jason's. You will be in our prayers. We're not too far away, so please let me know if there is anything we can do.