

My last few posts seem to have been so serious. So here's a little something that isn't. Last Friday night NuSkin Enterprises reserved Lagoon for their corporate party. As part of this event they also gave a bunch of tickets to the family programs director for Jason's unit. They wanted to offer the families of deployed soldiers an opportunity to enjoy a night out. We had such a great time. Because it was only open to ticket holders for that night there were basically no lines and since it was in the evening it wasn't miserably hot. Alyssa and Ian had a great time and they just loved going from ride to ride without having to wait in lines.When I got there and picked up my tickets they also handed me a t-shirt. The front of the t-shirt had the unit motto on it and the back and the unit patch. They asked us to wear these. At first I felt a little silly, but I figured since I was getting in for free I would comply. A couple of times during the evening we (my parents, myself and the kids) were stopped by people who wanted to thank us for our families sacrifice. It was really touching and I most definitely appreciated their sincerity and kindness.
Since Jason has recently left US soil, I have had some feelings of sadness and loneliness. Part of that is probably because we can no longer call on our cell phones to each other multiple times a day. This little evening get-away was just what I needed. We had a great time going from ride to ride, eating churros and cotton candy, and watching the kids so thoroughly enjoying themselves.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys had a good time at Lagoon. That's the best when there are no lines and it's not hot. Lagoon + heat = misery in my book.
Post a Comment