
Last Tuesday (July 27) evening we were outside doing things in our front yard. Ian got on his bike and said, "Mommy, watch me go down this hill." That's when he went riding down our driveway (which is a slight hill.) He made a sharp left turn on to the sidewalk, but he was going too fast and up on one training wheel he went until he completely toppled over on to the grass.
He immediately started crying that his arm hurt. I went over and examined it but I didn't see any signs of a broken arm. Jason also thought he was fine, but just to be sure we took him inside and layed him on the bed. I could still hear him crying inside so when I checked on him I started feeling up his arm. When I touched it just above the elbow that's when he really cried out. Soon it started to swell and now we were pretty suspicious of a broken arm. We took him to an an after hours clinic where we discovered it was in fact broken just above the elbow.
So now he has a cool glow-in-the-dark cast for two weeks. We go back in for an evaluation and then more cast for another four weeks. What a way to end the summer, and what a way to start Kindergarten.
2 comments:
Poor little guy! I can't believe how old he looks! And yes, I still read your blog :) I'm just really bad at leaving comments.
I was looking at your scrapbook pages, and your pictures and page layouts capture so much--it makes me want to go on vacation with you! Each page is such a stand alone piece of art...it's motivating me to keep trying!
Post a Comment