I haven't been very good at updating this blog lately. I guess it sort of happened that way when Jason left for Iraq, I was busy taking care of two kids all while being pregnant and not feeling well. It just wasn't a priority. Besides, I wasn't sure if anybody was actually reading this anymore so I wasn't sure it mattered. Well, it does. I've been trying very hard to work on my scrapbook lately and many of the pages I've been doing have been from 2009. Sometimes when I get to the part of the scrapbook page where I try to do some journaling, I find that I can't remember all the details or I am not sure how or what to say about an event. I have found myself going back to my blog to see if I blogged about an event and see what I said about it then. So it does matter. So even if nobody actually reads this, I am going to keep it up since this does seem to be a journal of my life, at least some of the bigger events in our life.
This past weekend we went up to the Tetons with my family. It was time for our annual Yellowstone trip. With Jason just recently going back to work and another family vacation planned for the fall, we didn't feel like we could go for the whole week. But a weekend in the Tetons is better than no weekend at all. So off we went.
We stopped on our way in to town at the Grand Teton National Park sign. We set up our little tripod and used the self timer on the camera. Who knew that could be so much fun? The kids had so much fun watching the little red light on the camera blink and blink faster as it got closer to the time where it took the picture. Everyone had to have a turn pushing the button and then running to pose for the picture. I came home and made a scrapbook page of this already.
This little guy loves to lounge in his stroller. He always hangs his leg over the side like this. Funny.


All five grandkids together. So cute.
We enjoyed playing down at the shore of Jackson Lake, where Alyssa caught two tadpoles and tried very hard to catch some little tiny fish. Of course we had to wrap up Ian's cast so it wouldn't get wet.

We also went for a nice hike along String Lake to Leigh Lake. As usual, it was beautiful scenery. Being with Alyssa and Ian you can be sure there were plenty of things that kept us on our toes (like Ian going behind a tree and dropping his pants to go potty while people were having a picnic right next to him).
And we can't forget getting three flat tires all at once (two on my dad's truck and one on our van.) That created quite an adventure as we scurried back to camp to safely remove the flat tires and have them repaired the next morning (by some guy at the service station who really didn't want to be bothered with our emergency.) Its all part of the memories, right?
When our flat tires happened, we were just on our way out to look for animals. When we returned to camp instead, Sandra got out paper and made airplanes with the kids. They had a great time.

Sunday we drove home by ourselves. It was actually quite a nice day. We took our time by stopping in Jackson to walk around the town. Then we stopped in the Snake River canyon and took some pictures of people river rafting. And then we stopped several more times for potty breaks and to check the tire. As we were coming through Henefer we drove through some bugs. Well, "some bugs" probably doesn't explain it well. We drove through tons of bugs. The were splattering against our van so loud and so much that it sounded rain. I had a terrible time the next day washing them off the van. Gross. We didn't make it home until pretty late, but it was a nice road trip anyway.

This past weekend we went up to the Tetons with my family. It was time for our annual Yellowstone trip. With Jason just recently going back to work and another family vacation planned for the fall, we didn't feel like we could go for the whole week. But a weekend in the Tetons is better than no weekend at all. So off we went.
We stopped on our way in to town at the Grand Teton National Park sign. We set up our little tripod and used the self timer on the camera. Who knew that could be so much fun? The kids had so much fun watching the little red light on the camera blink and blink faster as it got closer to the time where it took the picture. Everyone had to have a turn pushing the button and then running to pose for the picture. I came home and made a scrapbook page of this already.
This little guy loves to lounge in his stroller. He always hangs his leg over the side like this. Funny.

All five grandkids together. So cute.We enjoyed playing down at the shore of Jackson Lake, where Alyssa caught two tadpoles and tried very hard to catch some little tiny fish. Of course we had to wrap up Ian's cast so it wouldn't get wet.


We also went for a nice hike along String Lake to Leigh Lake. As usual, it was beautiful scenery. Being with Alyssa and Ian you can be sure there were plenty of things that kept us on our toes (like Ian going behind a tree and dropping his pants to go potty while people were having a picnic right next to him).

And we can't forget getting three flat tires all at once (two on my dad's truck and one on our van.) That created quite an adventure as we scurried back to camp to safely remove the flat tires and have them repaired the next morning (by some guy at the service station who really didn't want to be bothered with our emergency.) Its all part of the memories, right?
When our flat tires happened, we were just on our way out to look for animals. When we returned to camp instead, Sandra got out paper and made airplanes with the kids. They had a great time.
Sunday we drove home by ourselves. It was actually quite a nice day. We took our time by stopping in Jackson to walk around the town. Then we stopped in the Snake River canyon and took some pictures of people river rafting. And then we stopped several more times for potty breaks and to check the tire. As we were coming through Henefer we drove through some bugs. Well, "some bugs" probably doesn't explain it well. We drove through tons of bugs. The were splattering against our van so loud and so much that it sounded rain. I had a terrible time the next day washing them off the van. Gross. We didn't make it home until pretty late, but it was a nice road trip anyway.

1 comment:
Keep posting!!! I love to read and see what you guys are up to. My computer in the shop for a while so I haven't been able to blog for weeks. Too bad for Ian. My Logan LOVED his glow in the dark cast. Almost makes it worth the broken bone, then again, maybe not.
Post a Comment