Here's a few things we've been up to during the past few days. Yesterday was the first day of school for Alyssa. Ian is starting Kindergarten, but they do not start until next week. She has been counting down the days and was so excited to start the second grade. Getting dressed in her new school clothes and meeting her new teacher did not disappoint. {click images for larger view}

Yesterday was also Ian's 5th birthday. His latest obsession is airplanes. Especially WWII airplanes. We headed up to the Hill Aerospace Museum with our Grandma and Grandpa Summers and Grandpa Schoenfeld. Ian had a great time seeing all the airplanes. He even got to dress up in a flight suit and try out a flight simulator. It was great fun.

After the museum, we went home for some homemade ice cream and cake. I made this cake using fondant and food coloring for the airplanes. I had never used fondant before and I was really happy with how they turned out. Ian was dazzled by the cake, so that's all I wanted. Ian got all the new airplane stuff he could possibly want. He was so happy. :)

Andrew is now seven months old. I can't believe he is that big already. He is sitting up and now scooting across the floor. He's pretty quick. When he sees something he wants (usually something left on the floor by his sister or brother) he zooms right over to it. We've had to start the baby-proofing process already by putting up toys and a gate in front of the stairs. He is such a happy little guy. He is so quick with a smile for almost anyone. He is just a pleasant, mellow little baby. We are crazy about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment