Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marathon Results

I've heard people who don't blog accuse those who do of just bragging about their families. Maybe sometimes that's true. Personally I enjoy seeing what's going on in the lives of my friends and their families. Today my post is probably true of the former...I am bragging on my husband a little.

Jason ran the Top of Utah (aka Logan) Marathon yesterday. He finished in ninth place with a time of 2 hours 46 minutes! This is a personal best for Jason. (Of course his response was that he wanted to do it a little faster and he is already thinking about how he can make that happen for another marathon next year.)

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (and something I will not get into on this blog for fear I will write something about someone else I may regret in the future) I missed Jason finish and therefore I have no pictures of him running. I am extremely upset about this.The next time Jason has a race, I don't care who else comes to see him, the kids and I are leaving when I want and going where I want in order to get the photos and video of him running. I didn't spend half of my summer making my own sacrifices so he could get his runs in, take him multiple times extremely early in the morning for his long runs, stop and buy "gu" packs, etc, etc., only to miss this big moment. Lesson learned.
Besides the fact that Jason did AWESOME in this race, one other bright spot was that I did get a really cool frame at the expo. I've been trying for some time now to figure out a way of displaying all of Jason's medals from all the various races. It's easy to display pictures, plaques, or trophies because you can place them on shelves or walls. But what to do with medals? I found a cool frame that is long and rectangular. The top opening is for a photo of the runner. The second opening is just the right size for a race number. And finally at the bottom there are a couple of "bars" (for lack of a better way of explaining it) where you can hang your medals from. I'm quite happy with it. I plan to buy another one soon. One can be for all his Big Sky medals from when he ran for Weber State and the other can be from his post-college running including marathons and the Wasatch Back Relay.

Way to go Jason. You've worked really hard for this. I'm really proud of you. You deserve a rest.

1 comment:

Brad Anderson said...

Good job Jason. I should have run. I'm in 2:45 shape. Then you would have placed 10th.