Friday, September 26, 2008

Need A Good Laugh?

Last night at work we were kind of slow so the woman I was working with told me to go to this most hilarious website ever: CakeWrecks. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. This blog/website was put together from a woman who received this photo as an email, you may have received it yourself, I have.
She received so many comments about this on her blog she started another blog in which readers of the blog send in pictures of cake wrecks. What is a cake wreck you ask? Here is the answer she gives on her blog: "A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places."

Keep in mind that one of her rules is that these have to be professional cakes, something someone paid for. If you take the time to go to this site, read her commentary on each cake. She is so funny and it really makes the experience that much better.

If you do take a while and read through this, leave me a comment and tell me which was your favorite cake wreck. Enjoy.

Edit: Here are the links to some of the ones that really had me rolling on the floor:
Makes Ya Wonder What the Card Said
When Brides Have No Budget (or Taste)
This made Me Laugh 'Til I Cried (you must read the accompanying story with this one)
The Cake Head Diet
Inappropriate, Much?
Mmmmm, Chest Hair
I Think I've Just Been Punk'd (You must read the story with this one too.)

Ok, there's probably more, but you'll get the idea from these.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

These are hilarious! I have not laughed so hard (I cried) for a long time. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the laugh. I think I just spent 20 min on that blog! By the way, loved your board book!