Last night the kids slept at their Grandma & Grandpa's house. I've had a list of what I want to buy. I wasted no time and did some Christmas shopping for them. Now that I pretty much have everything I wanted to get for them, I've been thinking about how I give these gifts to them. Here's what I'd like to know from you. How many gifts do you give from Santa and how many from you, the parents? Are your Santa gifts wrapped or all set up for them to see? I think in the past most of what I buy has been from Santa, but I also want my kids to receive gifts from their parents, the more I think about it the more important that seems.
Here's my poll/question: How do you do Christmas at your house?
4 comments:
Our kids get one gift from Santa that is unwrapped and set out by their stocking. Then, they each get one gift under the tree from us and sometimes a family gift together. We don't buy anymore because they get gifts from four sets of grandparents and others. We keep it simple!
We usually do one from Santa and one from us, all of our presents are wrapped. To me that's half the fun, unwrapping! As my boys have gotten older though the gifts seem to get more expensive, you know Wii, ipods, stereos etc. So sometimes the younger ones get a few more gifts to keep it somewhat even. Stockings are always from Santa.
We do gifts from us and from Santa. I wrap the Santa gifts in wrapping paper that has Santa on it. The number of gifts varies. But it has been one "big" gift from Santa and one "big" gift from us, and then various other things (usually we have a $ limit rather than a number of gift limit)....but we'll see how things change now that we have 2 kids!
The trickiest part is making sure they ask Santa for what Santa is getting them. So I usually buy that last because it can change. This is how we are doing it this year: they boys are mostly wanting similar things so there will be a bunch of toys from santa--they each get one big-type thing unwrapped and then a few surprises wrapped. Then I get them clothes and other "boring" type items from mom and dad. How are you putting it together?
Post a Comment