Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Of course, what would a "mommy blog" be without the obligatory Halloween post? So here it is in all its glory...our Halloween activities.

This first picture is mainly for my cousins who read this. This was Alyssa visiting Grandma Moss a week ago. We didn't tell her we were coming. The kids rang the doorbell and when Grandma opened the door she gasped and then began crying that the kids had come to visit her in their Halloween Costumes. (Ian wouldn't stay still long enough to pose with Grandma.)

Thursday night we went to our friend's the Harveys and carved pumpkins while we watched "The Office and 30 Rock" A good time was had by all. Here are our masterpieces:

Alyssa was a cowgirl (which I made) and Ian was a dragon. He started out with two other costumes (one that I stayed up until midnight a couple of weeks ago sewing) but finally settled on this dragon costume he saw at a friends house. Luckily they used it last year and were kind enough to let him borrow it.) On Halloween night we went to Jason's parents where his mom had chili and doughnuts ready for us. After we ate we went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. We nearly went through their neighborhood, but good thing we didn't because the loot was right here by our house. Several houses in the neighborhood gave out full size candy bars. When I was a kid we all knew which house gave out full size candy bars, and it was only one. The kids each had three or four full size ones. (Jason and I confiscated Ian's...he he.)Oh yeah, I dressed up in my witches costume...well really it was just a witch hat and my graduation gown from college. Jason bought this great wig/hat and teeth and went as a Red Neck. Let me note, Jason doesn't dress up. He bought this while we were at a Halloween store with friends. I think he got cought up in the spirit of it all while we were with our friends, because when Halloween came he was hoping I would forget and not make him dress up. I didn't forget and he was a good sport about it. Thanks Jason.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the costumes, and I don't remember Jason having those nice of teeth when we moved into the duplex

Jenny said...

The kids are so cute! Alyssa's costume is absolutely adorable! I might have to get the pattern number from you so I can try it out next year. It is just so cute! Good work and glad you got Jason to dress up. I am the one in our family who never dresses up.

The Risenmay Family said...

I love the picture of Alyssa and Grandma, I'm sure your visit made Grandma's year. I cam very impressed with your sewing skills, I did not know you had that in you.

Brad Anderson said...

Good look for you Jason!