
Today was the Yellow Ribbon program phase 4 event at the Sheritan hotel in Salt Lake City.
I left home at 6:30 am so I could drop Ian off at Angie’s by 7:00. Alyssa stayed the night at Brooke’s house.
It was nice to meet up with other Army wives. We sat through hours and hours of powerpoint presentations. It was good though, because they talked about what we should expect mentally, physically, and emotionally for the upcoming reunions and homecoming of our soldiers.
Andrew was a great baby. He was sure doted over by all the other family members, presenters and hotel staff. As long as someone was paying attention to him, he was all smiles. Pictured is Mr. Graham (his son is deployed with Jason.) He couldn’t get enough of holding Andrew.
Chaplin Cho spoke to us about suicide prevention. The ironic thing is that he was so darn funny. I could only understand part of what he was saying, but what I did understand was funny. You wouldn’t expect someone who is speaking about suicide to be making the whole room laugh. He did get our attention though, so maybe it was a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment