Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July

Ian waiting for the annual flag ceremony at Grandma and Grandpa Schoenfeld's.  He helped march the flag over to the flag pole.

Raising the flag.

Andrew was not in a good mood.  He didn't want to be participating in the flag ceremony.  Good thing he had Alyssa by him to hold him and make him feel better.

After our annual breakfast we have a little program. Jason and the kids sharing what they love about our country.  Alyssa said she is thankful she can go to school.  Ian loves our military.


The Schoenfeld cousins 2011 (some of them).

My three cuties on the Fourth of July.  Dressed in Red, White, and Blue.  Andrew was still unsure of what we were doing to him.

Grandma and Grandpa recently bought this Jeep.  Funny how they kind of know what to do already.


So grown up.  I love how we did her hair that day.

After the program we got out the water slide.  They had a great time splashing. [click on picture to enlarge]


We all went home and rested for the afternoon, or at least some of us did.  Instead of resting I made these yummy patriotic strawberries for our BBQ.  They were delicious and looked awesome.


The kids waiting to start fireworks.  They were having a great time with these glow sticks.

Me and my little guy.

Jason is naughty.  These are only a few of the "outakes" I have when I asked to get a picture with him.  Each time the picture was taken he was making a face.  It was so dark that I couldn't tell if he was making the face until after I saw the picture.  Six or seven pictures later we finally got one of the two of us together actually smiling.

No comments: