Saturday, March 8, 2008

End of week update

I guess I haven't posted for a few days. Here's the update on the week. Jason returned home on Saturday afternoon and then left again early Tuesday morning, this time for his regular job. He spent about 24 hours in Nashville and then about 24 hours in Boston before returning home at 3:30 in the morning on Friday morning. It's been a crazy four weeks as he traveled for his job the weeks prior to the Jordan trip as well. He's sick of airplanes (not only going so many places but having a million layovers too.)

In the meantime, the kids and I just went about our everyday stuff. Jason has drill this weekend and because I was scheduled to work (before I knew he had drill) I asked my parents to watch the kids for me today. Instead, they went up to the cabin yesterday to spend the night and took the kids with them. I met them half way and we put the kids in the truck yesterday afternoon around lunch time. On my way back home, I stopped at every single place I had thought of checking something out for weeks. For example, I stopped at Costco for a few items, then I walked across the parking lot and browsed Deseret Book for a while, then to Lowes to look at some gardening stuff I've been thinking about. Then I was ambitious and decided Alyssa needs some stuff to wear for summer (not Ian, he has quite a bit of new stuff to grow into because he is so tiny.) So I stopped again at Kohls and then the mall to see what Mervyns and JC Penney had. And finally as I was nearly home I stopped at Checker auto parts and bought a light bulb for my tail light and some oil (now Jason can replace the bulb for me!) Oh yeah, not to mention later that evening I returned something to Target.

I dropped off the kids a little after noon and didn't actually get back home until around 6:00. I actually really didn't buy hardly anything. I mostly just took my time to wander around (something anyone with small children will agree is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE!) Jason called me several times throughout the day and each time he sounded a bit surprised that I wasn't home yet. Maybe he didn't understand how nice it was to wander through stores looking at everything instead of just completing the mission (buying exactly what you came in for and then getting out quickly before kids misbehave.) Also, parking the car and getting out without getting anyone else in or out of the car was blissful.

I was a bit hesitant to send the kids overnight. What was I thinking? Yesterday was wonderful. I shopped all day by myself and then went to dinner with Jason--without kids. It was so fun. So today will be back to real life. Back to work then pick up the kids and then come home and finish planning sharing time for tomorrow. Not a bad life, but the little break was sure nice.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm glad you got a break! I LOVE just parking the car and walking into a store. It doesn't seem like that big of a pain to haul in kids until you don't have to do it!