Monday, March 17, 2008

My Dad's 60th Birthday

Yesterday was my Dad's 60th birthday. We were unable to celebrate with our whole family this weekend due to some scheduling problems, so next weekend we are going out with my brother and his wife and son and of course my parents. In the meantime, I invited my parents up for Sunday dinner (I just didn't want his actual birthday to go by without anything going on and my brother and his wife don't get out of church until quite late. Besides, I was looking for an excuse to make a certain recipe, I'll get to that later.) So it was quite fun. I was late getting the dinner going so while everybody waited on me the kids had a marvelous time playing with Grandpa and Grandma and showing them toys and stuff. Ian was quite wound up and was really having fun. For dinner I made Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin Chops, Broccoli & Cauliflower Supreme, Parmesian Rice, and Chocolate Fudge Cake for dessert (Jason thinks it isn't really dessert unless it is chocolate, so why not a delicious cake?) I'll post some of these recipes later.

I decided since I made a cake for dessert I would have him blow out candles simply because the kids would enjoy it. Maybe this next weekend when we're all together we'll do another cake and more candles and that is fine. The kids were so excited to blow out candles with Grandpa. This is a picture of them together.

So Ian was sitting next to my Grandma while we were eating cake. He was really enjoying his cake. Then my grandma reaches over with her fork and takes a big chunk off his plate. It was so funny. I don't think I have ever seen him give a more dirty look before. He turned to her and with his eyebrows down he just stared at her then he picked up the big piece of cake that was left and held on to it while he took little bites so as not to risk her taking more of it. We were just laughing it was so funny. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of his dirty look but I noticed I did get a shot of my grandma's hand sneaking his piece of cake. This last picture is of him eating that big chunk.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to see the recipes!

The Risenmay Family said...

I can not believe Uncle Dave is 60. I guess he would be since my parents are in their mid 60's. The story about Grandma is hilarious and so her! I think we all have had Grandma steal things off our plates. We are coming to Utah in a couple of days but we will be in Zions until the 24th. I would love to see you if possible. We will be staying at Lori's from the 24th until Thursday morning.

MaryLee said...

I thought you'd appreciate that story Mindy. Anyway, hopefully we can see each other while you're in town.