Friday, April 11, 2008

What a nice surprise!

Yesterday I had made arrangements to come down to work an hour or so early and go to my cousin Kristy's house. I was going to tend her little boy while she went visiting teaching (in return she was going to watch my kids for a little while as I went to work.)

I arrived at her house around 1:30 as we had agreed. I noticed her sister Julie's car was in the driveway. I thought that was a little strange. As soon as I parked, both of them came right over to my car and stared getting my kids and their car seats out of the car. I really wondered what was going on as I thought I was there to tend. Kristy turned to me and explained that she wasn't really going visiting teaching, we were all going somewhere instead.

So with all of us and our kids in her van we started driving. Next thing I know we stop in front of a nail salon. Kristy hands me a bag that has snacks, water, magazines and a gift certificate for a pedicure in it. She explains that I have an appointment right now. So just like that I found myself in a salon getting a pedicure. While I enjoyed this pampering, they took all the kids over to McDonalds to play. I have to admit I have never had a pedicure before. It was so fun to sit there and relax and have some time to myself. And now I have the cutest painted toes (lucky for me it's warm enough weather this weekend that I can get away with some sandals to show them off!) This was all planned by them as a 30th (yes, that's right, I'm reaching that milestone this weekend) birthday surprise. I seriously can't believe they planned this, much less pulled it off without me even suspecting. What a fantastic surprise. I am simply delighted. Thank You, Julie and Kristy.

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a great surprise! Happy birthday on Sunday!