I first saw these skinny box albums here at this crafting blog. I purchased some and made two of the same album for each of our grandmothers. Honestly, what do they really need and I know both of them would prefer pictures of the kids. I thought this was a nice way of presenting it to them.


You can purchase the blank skinny box and cards here or at Robert's Crafts. I did this the digital scrapbook way, but you could easily do this with paper if you are a regular scrapbooker. First I designed all my layouts 2.44 x 6.9 inches. For this particular book I used pictures from the last year and also added some little sayings called "Life's Little Instructions" which I found hanging on the wall at Jason's parents house. When I was finished I uploaded them to Costco and had them printed with a matte finish.
Then I cut out each layout, rounded the corners with a corner rounder punch. I also marked where the hole would be for the little chain that holds them together and punched a hole. I glued the layouts to the cards. When I was finished with the cards I coated each one in Mod Podge to protect and seal them.
I covered the box in a similar way. This time I just printed the matching paper from the kit I used on my layouts from my own printer. Measured the sides of the box and cut papers to fit on the sides. I coated these in Mod Podge as well. Note, if I were to do this again (and I will because I have two more of these blank books in the closet) I would also print just the papers at Costco. When I used the Mod Podge on the ones I printed from my own paper I felt as though it discolored the papers and made them kind of pinkish.
Finally, after everything was dry, I added some ribbons to the box and to the chain on the cards to embellish. Viola. I nice little memento book. Here are the digital images of the layouts I made:



4 comments:
What a cute book. I love it. Your layouts turned out so cute.
SO CUTE! So you're going to have to email me and get me started on digital scrapbooking.....I am sooooo far behind and traditional scrapbooking takes too long! So email me and tell me where to begin!
These are absolutely wonderful! I haven't scrapbooked for so long, it makes me yearn for it. Hopefully life will slow down soon (ha, ha what am I thinking) and I can start doing it again! Thanks for sharing your talent!
Ok so I've talked to you about making this a business, but I'm really serious now--these are beautiful...and can I rip them off for free for mother's day or something? (but with pics of my kids of course)
Post a Comment