Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ordinary Citizens Governing Themselves

I think that is what makes living in this country special. Ordinary people electing one of their own citizens to govern them and the transfer of that power happening peacefully. What a blessing from our Father in heaven. I love living in this country. I am not going to comment here about my personal thoughts about President Obama, I think that is best served in my private journal. I am fascinated by the tradition and pomp & circumstance of these ceremonies. Maybe it has something to do with my long interest in United States history. In recent past two former presidents have died. I was fascinated then at the ceremony associated with their funerals.

Like it or not, today was an historic day in the history of our country. I liked the idea I read on this blog of making some cupcakes to celebrate. I know my kids won't really understand the scope of this day, but I thought making some cupcakes would at least help them understand that today is at least a little more special than other days. I suppose time will tell if our citizens made the right decision on November 4, 2008, until then, let's enjoy some good old fashioned tradition.