I don't post recipes on here very often. So you have to know that when I do, it is because the recipe is DELICIOUS! So, when you're stumped on what to make for dinner this week, I HIGHLY recommend these recipes. They aren't hard and so yummy.
Easy White Bean and Chicken Soup
2 T olive oil
1 med onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 package frozen sweet white corn (9 oz)
2 cans Great Northern Beans, undrained (15 oz)
1 can diced green chilies (7 oz)
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t coriander
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
3 C chicken broth
3 T lime juice
Topping options:
cheddar cheese, grated
sour cream or plain yogurt
salsa
green onions, chopped
tortilla chips
In a large pot saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add chopped chicken, corn, beans, green chilies, spices, broth, and lime juice. Stir until well blended. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serve with choice of toppings.
We had this soup at an extended family party last week. This soup was just delicious. I made it for dinner last night and I noticed Jason went back for more (which says a lot for him.) It was a yummy lunch for me today too.
Next recipe: Recently at my local Harmons I noticed that Panda Express was selling their sauces in jars. I bought a jar of their Orange sauce (they also had Kung Pao, and Mandarin sauces as well.) I bought some breaded popcorn chicken pieces and cooked them in the oven according to package directions so they would be crispy when done. I then added the Orange sauce and just tossed until all the chicken pieces were coated in the sauce.
Then, my cousin Kristy gave me this recipe for Ham Fried Rice with vegetables which I made along with the orange chicken and boy, was it good. Again, Jason asked me a couple days later if I could make some more so it must have been good. Sorry, this recipe is not full of exact measurements, but I don't think it really matters too much.
Ham Fried Rice with Vegetables
1 1/2 C uncooked rice (cook separately according to package directions.)
1/2 onion, chopped.
carrots, diced
ham (I just bought a slice of ham from the deli and had them slice it 1/4 inch thick. One slice was enough.)
green beans
broccoli
frozen peas
1/4 c butter
1/4-1/2 t minced garlic
scrambled egg (optional)
Start rice according to directions. In a large pan saute onion and carrots in butter until onion is wilted and almost transparent. Carrots will continue to cook with the rest of the recipe, but starting them at this point helps them to be soft enough. Add chopped ham and a couple of splashes of soy sauce. In some boiling water add green beans and broccoli and boil for 3 minutes (I use a timer. This ensures that they are tender-crisp.) Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in the microwave and mix together with garlic. When beans and broccoli are done drain and add to carrot/onion/ham mixture. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen peas. Add rice, stir and add more soy sauce (approx 2 Tablespoons.) Add butter/garlic mixture and stir everything together. Serve and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment