Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is it just me?

This afternoon I went to get a haircut. Nothing dramatic just trimming things up a bit. As I was sitting there in the hairdressers chair and she wrapped the cape around my neck, I realized at that moment that no matter how many times I have had my hair cut I believe the instant the cape is put on me I think I look hideous. The "from-the-neck-up" look isn't good. Mind you, my hair isn't really done at that moment, but I did take the time to make my make-up look nice. And the lighting is nice at the salon. So you'd think it wouldn't be that bad. But for some reason I think I look terrible looking back at myself in the mirror. I think somehow I look fatter with the cape on or something. I always sit there thinking to myself, "Gee, I hope she can do something about this." In the end, when the cape comes off I generally feel pretty good about things. A fresh hair cut and viola, things are better. So, is it just me?

4 comments:

Angie said...

That's funny--I always leave from a hair cut thinking I really need to fix my makeup or something.

Emily said...

I hate looking at myself in the mirror with the cape on, hair all crazy. You're not alone.

Jenny said...

I'm with Angie. I never like the lighting in the salon. I always feel like my makeup and face looked really washed out. But, the cape is a detracting factor, that's for sure. So, where's the picture of the new haircut?

loft2dwell said...

You're definitely not alone. I always feel like the ugliest version of myself in that chair w/the cape. Even after my hair is done I feel ugly.