Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little more Jane Austen

So on Sunday I watched the final two hours of "Pride and Prejudice." I just don't see how anyone can't like that show. Man, I've seen it a million times but I just sat there soaking up every second of it. I was anticipating each moment where they might meet again. I love it. I feel the same way about "Persuasion." I know every little thing they will say, but I sit there just waiting for that moment where they finally express their love and the female character finally finds true happiness (after all, isn't that what all Jane Austen stories are about?) Then last night I finally got around to watching a movie I rented called, "Becoming Jane." This is the story about Jane Austen's life. I don't know how historically accurate it is, but I have to say I liked it. I'm not sure I am crazy about Anne Hathaway doing an old-fashioned British accent, but after a while when I got used to it I could kind of ignore it and follow the story. As I said, I don't know how accurate it was, but if it is true, it kind of gives you an idea of why her female characters just want true love and not the "proper" thing to do for their status or families. I would recommend it if you like these kinds of films.

2 comments:

margaret wheeler said...

I have been wanting to see that movie...of course I will have to watch it when Alex is gone. That is good to know you liked it and makes me even more excited to see it.
xoxo,
Margaret

Jenny said...

I also have thought about renting this movie. Thanks for the review...now I will watch it for sure.