Friday, February 29, 2008

Golden Spike National Historic Site

Jason was suppose to return tonight but because of mechanical problems on one flight he missed the last flight home today. He'll be back tomorrow. (Yipee!) In the meantime I decided to work on a few more scrapbook pages after the kids went to bed. This is from when we went up to the Golden Spike National Historic Site right after Christmas. Holy cow, if I would have known it was clear out in the middle of nowhere I'm not sure we would have gone. It's WAY out there. Even past the Thiokol rocket testing range. Really, it's even beyond farm land. Did I say it was far out there?! (kidding) Anyway, once we got there it was fun. I (and Ian) have an obsession with trains. My grandfather worked on the railroad and I just love seeing trains. In fact, the kids and I just love when we get stopped by a train as we are leaving our neighborhood. If we're lucky the engineer will give us a little extra honk with his horn when we wave at him (like last night and I was tickled.) There is a park nearby where the train tracks go right by it. In the spring/summer I love to take the kids there and let them play. When we hear a train in the distance we go over by the tracks and wave. I'm not sure who gets more excited about the train (and the extra little honk we get) me or the kids. Truth be known, I think its me!

No comments: