Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shhhhh! How dare you laugh in a movie!

My friend Margaret and I took our kids to see Enchanted at the dollar theater today. The kids and I saw it in December but I couldn't pass up another chance to see it in the theater. Since it was in the afternoon on a weekday the theater wasn't very full. Mostly a bunch of senior citizens that were sitting behind us. Then as the movie started a 6/7 year-old boy and his mother sat in front of us. At least three times during the show he turned around and very loudly shushed the crowd when they laughed at a funny part. Boy this kid could shush really loud! It was kind of funny because he was shushing old people. Isn't it usually the old people shushing the loud teens or kids?! The one time where everyone really laughed and he shushed them Margaret and I just caught each others eyes and started laughing. Too funny!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny!

margaret wheeler said...

You narrated that perfectly! I still laugh when I think about it. I can't believe that his mom/grandma didn't shhhh him! Poor kid is going to grow up to be a boring adult. I am still in love with that movie. I tried to tell Alex that they were such a beautiful couple I was happy to see them end up together. He doesn't believe me. I am SO glad you would go with me. It was a fun afternoon.
xoxo,
Margaret