Yesterday around 3:30 I was carrying a large basket of dirty laundry down the stairs. I thought I was on the bottom step, but I wasn't so I fell and landed on my left ankle as I felt it roll underneath me. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't move it so I called for Alyssa to bring me the phone. I called Jason's sister to come help me. Turns out I tore some ligaments in my ankle and now I am wearing one of those ugly black boots. There goes my training for the half marathon (at least for a few weeks.) I don't know how long this will take to heal, the doctor said to come back in two weeks and at that time he will have a better idea of how it is healing. In the meantime I am hobbling around on crutches and sweet little Alyssa is being a great helper.
Last night after the doctor office the kids and I spent the night at my parents house so my mom could help with the kids today. I'd have to say that's been a good thing because I'm pretty helpless. Going back home will be interesting with the kids and stairs and all, but we'll get through this and with Jason's family living close I'm sure they will help if I need it.
By the way, I did get a written prescription from the doctor to avoid doing laundry.
1 comment:
I am so sorry MaryLee. I hate when these things happen. Hopefully you can recover quickly. Hand in there! Look at it this way, at least you have an excuse to sit at the computer instead of doing laundry, cooking, etc. :)
Post a Comment