Sunday, January 20, 2008

A week to forget

Oh, man am I glad this week is over. It all started last Saturday night around 10:00 when Alyssa started throwing up. This went on all night. I couldn't stay home from church the next morning because I had to do Sharing Time. The trouble was that Jason had gone to drill. Luckily his parents live nearby and his mom stayed with her while I taught primary. She remained sick until about Monday afternoon.

Then on Tuesday I was feeling like things were getting better. I was trying to tackle some housework, including the laundry, when I fell and injured my foot/ankle. So I spent a mostly sleepless night at my parents house so they could help me with the kids on Wednesday as I could not really get around much yet. In the evening they took us to Jason's work were the three of us rode home with him. Wednesday night was spent on the recliner downstairs (I couldn't move around in my bed very well with the boot and found the recliner a little more comofortable.)

Finally, Thursday came along. I was becoming more mobile on my foot now and felt like maybe I could get a few things done around the house. Not much was done as I spent most of the day designing some documents on the computer for the bridal shop where I work, they had an upcoming bridal fair which they wanted some posters and fliers made. Then around 2:00 in the morning I found myself hobbling to the bathroom to throw up as it appears I now had whatever Alyssa had a few days before. A miserable night followed. I won't follow that with any details. Friday wasn't much fun. I was achy, nauseated, and tired. After Alyssa came home from school (which I had to call Jason's dad to get her because as I attempted to get dressed and go get her the nausea became much worse) I was feeling quite terrible. That evening was my nephew's first birthday party at my parents house. I informed them I could not bring the kids down. My mom wanted my kids there so badly that my dad came all the way up here to get them. After they left I got a nap which seemed to help quite a bit.

When Jason arrived home from work he went straight to our room to lay on the bed. Less than an hour later he found himself in the bathroom. You guessed it, he had what Alyssa and I were getting over. The tricky thing was that I had to work Saturday. I'd already called in sick/injured twice this week (because of Alyssa and myself) and this time they really needed me. Three of our employees had to be at the shop while my aunt and I went to the bridal show. The other owners would not be able to help her at this show as they had a family commitment they could not get out of. Someone needed to help her at our booth while she helped our models downstairs at the fashion show. I was concerned about how Jason would take care of the kids while I was gone if he was sick. So I called my parents to ask if the kids could stay there overnight. Turns out my mom wasn't feeling too well herself. My dad said he would watch them, but he needed help getting them in bed and stuff like that (they don't go to bed very well there, too many distractions.) So I left Jason home sick while I went to help. During the night, Alyssa threw up all over the bed. It was all over her. She was covered in it (including her hair) which resulted in us giving her a bath at 3:00 in the morning. After that I didn't sleep for another our and a half as I lay there and listened for any sign that she was going to throw up again so I could catch it in a bucket. Finally, yesterday I arrived at the bridal show around 9:30 in the morning and didn't arrive home until 9:00 in the evening. I was so tired I don't remember falling asleep last night and I didn't wake up until about 8:30 this morning.

Yesterday was a very long day which hopefully was the end of a very long week. We decided not to go to church today as we all are a little queasy in the stomach still. We spent most of this morning wiping down all the surfaces in our home with Clorox wipes. Really fun. Oh, one more note, I have now been interrupted three times while writing this post in order to help Alyssa where she has found herself in the bathroom, this time sitting on the toilet--if you know what I mean. Looks like more of the same for a couple more days (hopefully not.)

No comments: